North Park Off Leash Dog Park
Dog owners utilising the recently completed North Park Off Leash Dog Park have the opportunity to provide feedback about their experiences of using the park via a short survey open until 31 March 2022. Information collected will contribute to further development at the park.
Background on the development of the park
The North park "off leash area" is the result of consultation completed through the Stawell Parks Precinct Planning, where it was established appropriate spaces for dogs to exercise off leash were needed. This community need directed a designated area being established as part of the North park precinct developments, with the Dog park sharing an area of land with the soon to be relocated Stawell Community Garden.
About the park
The “off leash area” is now open with stage one complete. The park is open during daylight hours and features:
- An entry enclosure to avoid dogs escaping and a safe place before entering.
- A water fountain for dogs and their owners to drink from.
- A large fenced space for dogs to safely run around in under the supervision of their owners.
- Waste bags and waste bins for dog owners to clean up after their pets which will be emptied regularly.
- Parking around the perimeter of the site with vehicle and separate pedestrian access to both the community garden and the dog park.
How to share your experience and ideas from using the park
If you have used or are using the off leash area and want to contribute your ideas to improving the space, all you need to do is spend a few minutes answering this short survey.
If you would like to talk to a Community Development Officer in more detail please contact 03 5358 0512
Updates on future developments will be provided through Northern Grampians shire Council usual communication channels such as the website, social media and the 'Community E News' produced by the Community Development Team.