Council Elections

The next Northern Grampians Shire Council election will be held in October 2024.

Check out about voting in the boxes below:


The next Local Government elections will be held in October 2024.

Enrolment and Entitlement Information


If you are an Australian citizen who lives in Victoria you can check your enrolment details online at Check my details | Victorian Electoral Commission ( at any time.

If you think you might have a council-administered voting entitlement, read the next section on How to Enrol or contact council staff on 03 5358 8700. 

Enrol to vote online at or contact the Victorian Electoral Commission on 13 18 32.

Forms are also available from the post office.

You may apply to council to be on the voters roll if you:

  • are 18 years of age and over on Saturday 24 October 2020
  • own a rateable property in the municipality
  • are a new non-resident owner (was not enrolled as non-resident owner at most recent election) and/or non-Australian citizen
  • pay rates on property occupied OR lease specifies person is liable to pay rates (eg shop tenant)
  • are are a company director or secretary appointed by a company that pays rates

If you fit the above criteria you can apply to council to vote in this election.  To do this, you need to complete an enrolment form available from council’s Rates Department. Please ring 03 5358 8700.

Voting enrolment forms (must be received by council before 4pm on 28 August 2020)

The following enrolment forms are made available here for easy access for those who wish to apply to be a council-enrolled voter:

Owner enrolment application(PDF, 126KB) - Sect 242(1)This form can be used by owners who are non-resident citizens. Also, to be used by owner ratepayers who were not entitled to vote at the last Council election in 2016, or by owner ratepayers who have moved out of the Municipality since the 2016 election.

Corporation owner - Appointment of voting representative(PDF, 114KB) - Sect 245(1) To be used where the property is owned by a company.  This form allows for the appointment of either the company secretary or director to vote on behalf of the corporation. 

Corporation occupier - Appointment of voting representative(PDF, 59KB) - Sect 245(2) - To be used where the property is occupied by a company (as a tenant) and is responsible for payment of the rates.  This form allows for the appointment of either the company secretary or director to vote on behalf of the corporation.  

Occupier Ratepayer - Application for enrolment(PDF, 120KB) - Sect 244 (1) and (3) - To be used where the property is occupied by an individual who is responsible for payment of the rates (not an owner).  The occupier must not be enrolled as a resident of the municipality on the State electoral roll.

Refer to the attached Voter enrolments information brochure here.(PDF, 70KB) (PDF, 70KB)





Northern Grampians Council elections are conducted by postal voting.   In the lead up to the 24 October 2020 Council elections, all voting information can be found on the Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) website 

Postal placemat


Details about currently elected councillors can be found here.


The Local Government Act 1989 requires that the Chief Executive Officer publish a summary of Campaign Donation Returns(PDF, 150KB)  which details campaign donations/gifts received.