Open air permit to burn

In accordance with General Local Law 2012, an Open Air Permit to Burn is required to burn materials on land zoned as residential, commercial or industrial outside the declared fire danger period. These permits contain set conditions which must be adhered to and are put in place to ensure that all necessary burning of land and lighting of fires is carried out in a safe and controlled manner. 

Please note: The Fire Danger Period has been declared from 12 December 2022 until 01 May 2023.

Rural Zones

Outside the declared Fire Danger Period, persons in a Rural Zone do not require a permit.

To see your property zoning, visit the Northern Grampians Shire Community Map.

More information on fire restrictions can be found on the Country Fire Authority's website