Pension rebates

Social Security and Veterans Affairs pensioners may be entitled to a concession on their municipal rates, up to a maximum of $253.20. 

Eligible pensioners will also be entitled to receive a $50 concession on their Fire Services Property Levy.

To be eligible for the rebate, the ratepayer must be a current holder of one of the following cards:

  • Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans Affairs
  • DVA Gold Card TPI
  • DVA Gold Card War Widow

The pensioner will also need to satisfy the following criteria:

  • The property is your principal place of residence.
  • The property address for which you are seeking a concession is the same as that on your pension card.
  • The pensioner is listed on council records as the ratepayer at the property.
Information about the Municipal Rates Concession is available on the DHHS website

To claim the pension concession, you will need to complete an application form(PDF, 391KB).

Provided individual pension details have not changed, it is not necessary to re-apply for the concession each year.

Please note, a Health Care Card does not entitle the holder to a rate or Fire Services Property Levy concession