Liquor consumption in a public place permit

Temporary liquor permits are required for any events where alcohol will be consumed or provided on council land or in a council facility. These permits are used to provide public safety for events where liquor consumption will be present. 

A Liquor Licence issued by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR) must be obtained for permit approval.

Please note: the need for a permit for liquor consumption in a council facility is part of the Venue Hire application process.

Application for a temporary permit to consume liquor in a public place >>