The Great Western Oval Clubroom Upgrade project is an outcome of the Great Western Future Plan 2014-24 and the Great Western Redevelopment Master Plan 2018-28.
The Great Western Football Netball Club has been a part of the Great Western community for over 100 years and is critical to keeping it vibrant and strong. The existing pavilion no longer meet the needs to the Club or community, and requires an upgrade to ensure the long term sustainability of the Club. The proposed works would meet AFL and Cricket Australia and Netball Victoria facility standards and incorporate the following works:
- Refurbish the existing function room, canteen/kitchen, bar and accessible public toilets.
- Extend the function room into the home changerooms and refurbish the area.
- Refurbish the changerooms and make suitable for female and male players.
- Construct trainers’/medical room off the extended function room.
- Refurbish and enlarge the umpire rooms and make suitable for female and male umpires.
- Extend the pavilion to provide additional storage, office areas and larger, undercover spectator area.