Council is undertaking a long-term planning project to ensure council's economic development activities improve the economic viability and sustainability of the municipality.
Specifically, the Economic Development Strategy and Action Plan 2021-31 will guide council's actions to improve economic viability and sustainability and achieve the intended outcomes of economic development services and activities.
Business and Community Questionnaire and Interviews
Data analysis provides some information to help steer the project. If you would like to know what we have learned thus far, you can review the summary paper:
Our Economy and People: What We've Learned So Far(PDF, 24MB)
Local insight is essential to provide more information, and collecting information from our businesses and communities will help fill gaps in our knowledge, like:
- What does our community want the future economy to be like? (vision)
- What attracts and keeps business in Northern Grampians? (competitive advantages)
- What attracts and keeps new residents? (opportunities)
- What holds our businesses back from growing? (barriers and issues)
- What opportunities are there to generate more wealth from the things we grow and produce? (value-added)
From the engagement program, a detailed report of the community responses has been developed, which we invite you to review.
What We Heard - Engagement Report(PDF, 1MB)