Council is undertaking a long-term planning project to ensure council's economic development activities improve the economic viability and sustainability of the municipality.
Specifically, the Economic Development Strategy and Action Plan 2021-31 will guide council's actions to improve economic viability and sustainability and achieve the intended outcomes of economic development services and activities.
Business and Community Questionnaire
Data analysis provides some information to help steer the project. If you would like to know what we have learned thus far, you can review the summary paper:
Our Economy and People: What We've Learned So Far.(PDF, 24MB).
Local insight is essential to provide more information and collecting information from our businesses and communities will help fill gaps in our knowledge, like:
- What does our community want the future economy to be like? (vision)
- What attracts and keeps business in Northern Grampians? (competitive advantages)
- What attracts and keeps new residents? (opportunities)
- What holds our businesses back from growing? (barriers and issues)
- What opportunities are there to generate more wealth from the things we grow and produce? (value-added)
Council is inviting Northern Grampians Shire residents, business owners and employees to participate in the questionnaire (closing October 14th) and help fill the knowledge gap.
Business and Community Questionnaire Link
If you would like to give further in depth information in a one-on-one consultation session, please register your interest.
Register Your Interest