Road naming and Rural Addressing

Council names unnamed roads and allocates rural addresses to rural residential properties to ensure the safe delivery of emergency services. 

There are lots of rules and regulations around the road naming process and the allocation of addresses for properties, and an administrative fee of $230 applies if the rural property to be addressed is not a residential property. 

If you have any questions about either service, please call Northern Grampians Shire Council on 03 5358 8700 or email, and we can walk you through what is involved and what can and cannot be done.

Further information:

Rural addressing (