Community Grant recipients from 2019/20 grant rounds 1 and 2
- Halls Gap Caravan Park and Recreation Reserve Committee Inc for the Halls Gap Community Sports Precinct Stage 1.
- North Central LGBTIQ+ Network to provide a live performance called 'Being Frank' play in St Arnaud.
- Paradise Hall Committee for the replacement of old kitchen cupboards and benches in the hall kitchen.
- Eventide Homes for installation of a playground for kindergarten students, playgroups, families, and residents’ grandchildren.
- Stawell Senior Citizens Club for the replacement of old and worn stage curtains and front rooms.
- Stawell West Primary School for benches around the school grounds to create a space inviting and friendly to get students interacting with one another and supporting their peers.
- Stuart Mill Recreational Reserve Committee for outdoor tables and seating to provide an area to accommodate a diverse range of age groups.
- WAMA Foundation (Wildlife Art Museum of Australia - the ‘biggest science experiment’), a community science project.
- Youth Cricket Club - covers for Central Park cricket wicket.
- The Stawell Racquetball Association to develop a six-week program to introduce children of school age to the game of racquetball.
- Raillery Hub to purchase items for multi-purpose use at facilities for users and visitors.
- The St Arnaud Historical Society to purchase an IPad to photograph and save paper documents of historical significance.
- The St Arnaud Neighbourhood House for the development of life storybooks to bring back memories for a person living with dementia.
- The Stawell Camera Club to purchase a new high capacity laptop.
- The Central Grampians Local Learning and Employment Network: Mates Mentor Program developing life skills and shared experience with young people.
- The Stawell Football Netball Club to purchase an Automated External Defibrillator for club and community use.
- The Halls Gap Botanical Gardens to improve their gates and display boards.
- The Stawell Pioneers Soccer Club towards purchasing line marking paint and outdoor tables.
- The Stawell 13 and Under Football Association to purchase new helmets.
- The Navarre Netball Club to purchase new junior netball uniforms.
Across both rounds of the Community Grants program for 2019/20, council has committed $60,000 to support 20 groups and organisations in the shire improve the health and wellbeing of our communities.
Please contact council's Community Development Officer to discuss your project ideas on 03 5358 8700 before you start your online application.