Community Grants Program
Community Development Team
Phone: 03 5358 8700
Council's five key health and wellbeing goals (strategic priorities) are;
- Healthy Eating
- Active Living
- Mental Wellbeing
- Preventing Violence and Physical Injury
- Early Years (0-5 years)
Purpose of Grant Program - Health and Wellbeing Grants
To provide support to locally based groups/organisations to develop opportunities to enrich the social fabric of the Northern Grampians community. Preference will be given to projects that:
- Address community needs and provide opportunities to enhance the wellbeing and quality of life of Northern Grampians Shire residents.
- Reflect the objectives are aligned with the Northern Grampians Shire Council Council Plan 2017-2021 and Municipal Public Health & Wellbeing Plan 2017-2021.
- Please view the 2017-2021 Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan on the council website under council publications and make reference to where your project or program supports strategies are within the plan.
All applications must:
- be a legal entity such as an incorporated association (or auspiced by a legal entity) based in the shire
- be from a not for profit organisation
- provide direct benefit to residents of the Northern Grampians Shire.
Applicants are required to demonstrate their own contribution to the project through funds, fundraising, sponsorship or in-kind support.
- Community Development - Health and Wellbeing Grants: up to $5,000
Only one application per organisation is allowed.
Grant funds allocated to the organisation are GST exclusive.
When to apply?
Round 1 - Open from 1st September to 28th September 2018;
Seeking applications that encompass projects around how to Enhance Active Living, Improve Mental Wellbeing or that Support Early Years (0-5 years) priorities
Round 2 - Open from 4th February to 1st March 2019;
Seeking applications that will align with projects around Enhancing Active Living opportunities, Preventing Violence and Physical Injury or working towards promoting Healthy Eating in our communities.
Applicants must have made contact and discussed their project with the Community Development Officer before their project is due to commence.
Guidelines and application
Apply here, after reading these guidelines and after speaking to the Community Development Officer.
Community grants guidelines(PDF, 137KB)
Community grant application >>
Community grants acquittal >>