Disability means opportunity
Disability means opportunity in the Northern Grampians Shire. We have traditionally offered many options for employment, education and care for people with a disability. Our renowned Skene Street School in Stawell provides quality educational opportunities for children with a learning disability or physical impairment.
National Disability Insurance Scheme
The National Disability Insurance Scheme is called the NDIS. The NDIS is a new way to help people under 65 with disability get care and supports. The NDIS also helps families and carers with information about services to support people with disability. When people get help from the NDIS they can enjoy an ordinary life now and as their life changes.
- For more information please visit the NDIS website: http://www.ndis.gov.au/
- NDIS Walk-in centre, located main street Stawell: Open from Mon-Thurs 10am-4pm.
Community Access Advisory Group (CAAG)
Northern Grampians Shire Council facilitates a Community Access Advisory Group (CAAG) that monitors and improves accessibility for all across the shire. There are currently positions on the committee for new members. We would love to receive interest from people in communities such as St Arnaud, Marnoo, Great Western and Halls Gap. If you would like more information on how to become a member, please download the application form.
NGSC CAAG Application form and Terms of Reference
NGSC Community Access Brochure(PDF, 349KB)
Accessible accommodation in the Halls Gap and surrounding area(PDF, 247KB)
- Skene Street School, 035358 2448
- Pinnacle Services, (03) 5358 3394
- Murdoch Community Services (03) 5495 1566
- Grampians Community Health (03) 5358 7400
- Grampians disAbility Advocacy Group, (03) 5352 2722, M 0407 592 090
- Department of Human Services, Disability Intake Line 1800 783 783
- Companion Card, 1800 650 611
Disability Parking Permits
For Disability Parking Permit applications please go to the webpage for more information or phone 03 5358 8700.