Northern Grampians Shire Council is seeking suitable applications from local community not-for-profit groups and organisations to support projects that contribute towards outcomes that result in:
- Increased social connectedness for all Northern Grampians Shire residents.
- Creation of safe environments that are inclusive of the growing diversity across communities in the Northern Grampians Shire
- Positive impacts to physical health, mental health, and wellbeing
- Greater sustainability of community groups and assets.
Purpose of the program
Council recognises that running and sustaining local community groups and organisations can be challenging. Many groups have members who are getting older, and volunteers are not as easily found as they once were. Planning for a sustainable future and sourcing of larger amounts of funding can be assisted through the development of strategic plans.
This round of the Community Grants Program has a community strengthening focus. These grants, in line with the program outcomes, will support initiatives that assist community groups to:
- Develop project planning and event management skills.
- Develop strategic plans (or business plan) for their groups.
- Build their organisational capacity (e.g., develop operational skills, grant writing, web-site creation, volunteer training etc).
- Provide opportunities for inclusion, connection, and participation within the community for First Nations people, young people, older people, people living with a disability, LGBTIQ+, or migrant communities.
Applications for Community Grants can be up to $5,000.
Grants opened on 27 September and close on 30 November 2023.