What is a Facilitated Playgroup?
Facilitated Playgroup (FPG) is a free weekly session run by a professional facilitator who implements a fun and educational two-hour session during the school term.
Facilitated Playgroup gives parents and carers the opportunity to have fun while:
- Learning about the links between children’s learning and development through play
- Meeting other parents and making friendship networks.
- Learning about local services and community connections
During the playgroup session, children will:
- Be exposed to a wide range of activities that will stimulate learning and imagination
- Build social skills through interactions with and around others
- Have the opportunity to experience sensory and messy play
- Interact and play with their parent/carer
What we do
As program facilitators we provide sessions that include play, snack/fruit time, activities, sensory play as well as music and story time. Parents will have opportunities to learn parenting tips and tricks via the Smalltalk program. Families are encouraged to play with their children during the session and make the most of our playgroup time.
In-home sessions are also offered as one-hour visits once a fortnight, for families unable to attend our playgroup sessions. A facilitator will visit you to chat about and explore:
Stawell on Tuesday mornings from 10am to 12pm at Stawell Neighbourhood House
Marnoo on first Wednesday of each month from 9.30am to 11.30am at Marnoo Primary School
For more information about Supported Playgroup or to register your interest, please contact Lisa on 03 5358 8792, text 0418 667 552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org