NGSC Flood Amendment C60 (Halls Gap)
Northern Grampians Shire Council has prepared a Planning Scheme Amendment (C60ngra) to implement the recommendations of flood studies on Halls Gap prepared by Wimmera Catchment Management Authority (CMA) in response to the significant flood events in recent years.
The Amendment applies the Floodway Overlay (FO) and Land Subject to Inundation Overlay (LSIO) on land within the village of Halls Gap which is subject to flooding in a 1 in 100 year flood event. The application of these overlays will ensure that areas at risk of flooding are shown on planning scheme maps, and will enable council to be able to make informed planning decisions based on the most accurate flood extent mapping available. It will also enable landowners, developers and purchasers to have access to critical information in the early stages of the development approval process, thereby ensuring that new development is designed with flood risk in mind.
This Amendment is the second part of the C31 Amendment prepared by council in 2018 that applied Flood overlays (FO and LSIO) to the administrative areas of Wimmera CMA within the shire except Halls Gap following the recommendations provided by a Planning Panel appointed for that Amendment.
The council is currently exhibiting the C60ngra Flood Amendment for Halls Gap to the public until 26 February 2021.
The hard copies of the amendment can be viewed during open hours at the Council Customer Service Office, Town Hall, 59-69 Main Street, Stawell and Halls Gap Visitor Information Centre, 117-119 Grampians Road, Halls Gap.
Please find the following documents as part of Amendment C60ngra:
1. Amendment Explanatory Report: C60ngra-Explanatory-Report-for-Exhibition.pdf(PDF, 199KB)
2. Clauses that has been amended: C60ngra-Exhibited-Clauses.pdf(PDF, 232KB)
Please note that the only changes made to the clauses are
- Clause 21.03-1: Added the Halls Gap Planning Scheme Amendment Report, 2020 as a reference document.
- Schedule to Clause 72.03: Added the flood maps to the list of Maps comprising part of this planning scheme.
- Schedule 1 to Clause 44.03 Floodway Overlay and Schedule 1 to Clause 44.04 Land Subject to Inundation Overlay: 'Halls Gap' has been added to the titled of each schedule.
**Please note that the content of the schedules remain same as current schedules. Find the current schedules in the 'Supporting Information' tab.
3. C60ngra Proposed Planning Overlay Maps: C60ngraMaps-for-Exhibition.pdf(PDF, 532KB)
** These flood overlays can also be viewed through our community map site (Layers>> Planning>> C60 Flood Overlay) . Please click here to view.
4. Halls Gap Planning Scheme Amendment Study (2020): Halls-Gap-Flood-Amendment-Report-2020.pdf(PDF, 9MB)
5. C60ngra Amendment Instruction Sheet: C60ngra-Instruction-Sheet-for-Exhibition.pdf(PDF, 86KB)
How to Make a Submission
If you would like to make a submission about the Amendment, this must be done in writing by Friday 5 March 2021 and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to:
Northern Grampians Shire Council
PO BOX 580
Stawell VIC 3380
Your submission should include reasons why you want to make the submission, and if there are any changes that could be made to the Amendment that would resolve your issues. You must provide your postal or email address and phone number so that a council officer can contact you regarding your submission.
For any questions on this Planning Scheme Amendment please contact Council’s Strategic Planner, Sumaya Tonny on 03 5358 8700 or email at email@example.com