Council recognises the importance of tourism events that aim to boost economic growth by increasing visitor numbers and enhancing visitor experience in the Northern Grampians Shire. Council currently supports a range of tourism events including, but not limited to, Grampians Grape Escape, Stawell Gift and Grampians Music Festival.
Purpose of grant
The Tourism Event Funding Program (TEFP) aims to support events that:
- attract significant visitor numbers to positively impact the Northern Grampians Shire visitor and tourism economy
- enhance the vibrancy and diversity of visitor experience
- celebrate existing tourism assets or aim to establish new tourism experiences
- actively promote the region into intrastate, interstate or international markets
- are financially sustainable long-term
- contribute to Northern Grampians livability and well-being
- strive for continuous improvement and innovation
To be eligible for the Tourism Events Funding Program applicants must:
- demonstrate that the event aligns with the purpose of the program
- demonstrate that the funding will support either:
- an established tourism event to develop continuous improvement, innovation and growth
- a new tourism event to establish for long-term sustainability and growth.
- be deemed a tourism event (refer to the Tourism Event Funding Guidelines) or at the discretion of the Economic Development Reference Group EDRG (refer to Tourism Event Funding Policy);
- be held in the Northern Grampians Shire
- have Public Liability Insurance (of at least $10 million) for the duration of the event
- demonstrate effective governance and management structures and a track record of successfully running events or demonstrate that the organisation has the capability to run a successful event
- demonstrate the event’s potential for long-term sustainability following council’s support
- be a public event, inclusive and accessible to everyone
- provide documentation and evidence to meet the funding category criteria
Please note: If the event is being staged by a business, the business must be registered on the Australian Business Register. If the event is being staged by an event committee, the committee must be a registered incorporated association.
The TEFP has two funding streams:
Established Tourism Event Funding (ETEF)
$5,000 to $20,000 to assist event organisers to develop continuous improvement, innovation and growth.
New Tourism Event Funding (NTEF)
Up to $5,000 to assist event organisers to establish events for long term sustainability and growth.
Applications to the Tourism Event Funding Program are open all year round.
Event funding application form >>