About Local Laws
General Local Law 2012(PDF, 15MB)
The objectives of this Local Law are to provide for –
- the peace, order and good government of the municipality;
- a safe and healthy environment so that the community within the municipality can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations;
- the safe and fair use and enjoyment of public places;
- the protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipality;
- the fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land; and
- the uniform and fair administration of this Local Law.
Meeting Procedure Local Law 2009 No 1/2009(PDF, 161KB)
The purpose of this Local Law is to:
- provide a mechanism to facilitate the good government of the Council through its formal meeting procedure to ensure effective and efficient Council decisions are made in a manner which acknowledges the role of local government within the Australian system of Government;
promote and encourage community participation in the system of local government by providing mechanisms for the Council to ascertain the community's views and expectations;
regulate and control the election of Mayor and the Chairperson of any Special Committees;
regulate and control the procedures governing the conduct of meetings including:
(i) the notice required for meetings;
(ii) the keeping of minutes.
provide for the administration of the Council’s powers and functions;
provide generally for the peace, order and good government of the municipal district;
regulate the use of the common seal.