Disability means opportunity

Disability means opportunity in the Northern Grampians Shire. We have traditionally offered many options for employment, education and care for people with a disability. Our renowned Skene Street School in Stawell provides quality educational opportunities for children with a learning disability or physical impairment.

NDIS ready
Pinnacle Services, also in Stawell, offers vocational, social and living skills, training, employment programs, community access programs and prevocational skills training. It provides employment personnel to various local businesses. Murdoch Community Services in St Arnaud provides disability employment support, residential and respite services, accommodation services, independent community accommodation and living skills and high dependency specialist programs. Grampians Community Health provide Personal Care, Domestic Assistance and Respite.

Community Access Advisory Group (CAAG)

Northern Grampians Shire Council facilitates a Community Access Advisory Group (CAAG) that monitors and improves accessibility for all across the Shire. There are currently positions on the committee for new members. We would love to receive interest from people in  communities such as St Arnaud, Marnoo, Great Western and Halls Gap.  If you would like more information on how to become a member, please download the application form.

NGSC CAAG Application form and Terms of Reference(PDF, 136KB)
Community-Access-Plan-2014-2016.pdf(PDF, 194KB)
NGSC Community Access Brochure(PDF, 349KB)
Accessible accommodation in the Halls Gap and surrounding area(PDF, 247KB)


  • Skene Street School, (03) 5358 2448
  • Pinnacle Services, (03) 5358 3394
  • Murdoch Community Services (03) 5495 1566
  • Grampians Community Health (03) 5358 7400
  • Grampians disAbility Advocacy Group, (03) 5352 2722, M 0407 592 090
  • Department of Human Services, Disability Intake Line 1800 783 783
  • Companion Card, 1800 650 611

Arts Access Victoria

Disability Parking Permits

For Disability Parking Permit applications please click the Local Law's link  Local Laws