Walk to School 2016
- VicHealth’s Walk to School month is a free, easy and fun way for kids to get active in October.
- VicHealth’s Walk to School month encourages primary students to walk to and from school throughout October to build healthy habits for life.
- Walk, ride or scoot to school this October to enjoy more time with your kids.
- Walking to school helps children get the physical activity they need each day to be healthy. Sign up for Walk to School this October to kick-start healthy walking habits that can lead to good health for life.
- Part way is ok! If you can’t walk all the way, why not park the car a few blocks from school and walk, ride or scoot the rest of the way?
- Escape the morning traffic by walking to school this October. Walking to school can reduce traffic congestion and related pollution.
- Walk to School this October to help your school be in the running for fantastic prizes.
- Parents can find out more and sign their child up online at Walk to School to record each walk in October and be part of the state-wide effort.
- Northern Grampians Shire Council is getting behind VicHealth’s Walk to School month by delivering fun activities with schools in the Northern Grampians Shire including a colouring competition in the lead up to Walk to School month, a 'Family Selfie' competition, healthy breakfasts and lunches and lots more.
8 Schools from Northern Grampians Shire have registered for the 2016 Walk to School program. Stawell 502 Primary School, Stawell West Primary School, St Patrick's Primary School Stawell, Skene Street School, Concongella Primary School, Great Western Primary School, St Patrick's Primary School St Arnaud & St Arnaud Primary School.
Saturday, 01 October 2016 | 12:00 AM
Northern Grampians Shire, Main Street, Stawell 3380 View Map