Neighbourhood Safer Places - Places of Last Resort
Neighbourhood Safer Place - PLace of Last Resort
- SURVIVAL IS NOT GUARANTEED
- It should only be used if your Bushfire Survival Plan fails and you have nowhere else to go.
- Welfare facilities will not be available.
- It may not provide shelter from smoke and embers.
Council has designated the following Neighbourhood Safer Places:
Halls Gap - Visitor Information Centre surrounds, Corner of Grampians Road and Heath Street, Halls Gap, 3381.
St Arnaud - Lord Nelson Park Oval, Dunstan Street, St Arnaud, 3478.
Stawell - Cato Park, Victoria Street, (opposite Haitts lane) Stawell, 3380.
- Neighbourhood Safer Places (NSP's) are a place of last resort when all other plans have failed.
- They can provide some protection from direct flame and radiant heat during a fire but may still be subject to ember attack.
- NSP's are NOT Relief Centres - there are limited facilities and no support or services are provided.
- NSP's are not places to relocate to when leaving early.
PREPARE - ACT - SURVIVE
To view Council's Neighbourhood Safer Places Plan Click here >>>
Township Protection Plans have been prepared for St Arnaud and Halls Gap and can be accessed from the CFA website.