Northern Grampians Shire Council has updated its Local Laws to better reflect the way we currently live in the shire and to lift Council's responsibility to community safety.
The General Local Law 2012 has been developed following a review of the current regulations which came into force on 1 December 2005.
The objectives of this Local Law are to provide for -
- the peace, order and good governance of the municipality;
- a safe and healthy environment so that the community within the municipality can enjoy a quality of life that meets its expectations;
- the safe and fair use and enjoyment of public places;
- the protection and enhancement of the amenity and environment of the municipality;
- the fair and reasonable use and enjoyment of private land
- the protection of assets vested in Council; and
- the uniform and fair administration of this General Local Law 2012.
View General Local Law 2012(PDF, 15MB)
View Council's Domestic Animal Management Plan(PDF, 312KB)
Phone: 03 5358 8700 to contact Council's Local Laws Department
After hours emergency phone 03 5358 8700 and follow the prompts. This is for emergency only, i.e. dog attacks and stock on roadways. Or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and request the attention of Local Laws staff.
Please be patient awaiting a response. Council Officers endeavour to contact residents in the shortest possible time to assist with their enquiries.