Legal Point Of Discharge

Stormwater Drain

A Legal Point of Discharge is the point which is specified by Council as the drain entry into Council assets. These assets may include a Council drain, kerb and channel (with kerb adaptor), easement or to an open drain.

Council is regularly requested to give direction on the legal point of discharge for both existing properties and the redevelopment of residential, commercial and industrial developments.

Requesting the Legal Point of Discharge

The location of the Legal Point of Discharge from an allotment must be obtained for an application for a building permit.

  • Complete the Request for Point of Discharge Report application. Request for Point of Discharge Report(PDF, 125KB) 
  • Attach a site plan to your application if available
  • Bring or send your application and documents to Council with the appropriate fee