Youth Grants Program
Community Development Officer
Phone: (03) 5358 8700
Purpose of Grant Program
The Northern Grampians Shire Council believes in the importance of programs and projects which are innovative and supportive of young people in the local community. These may include Cultural/Arts, Recreational, Environmental and Health/ Welfare.
The Youth Grants Program is designed to support not-for-profit community organisations/groups by a financial contribution to a range of programs or projects, which will focus on participation, preventative and community building measures for young people within the municipality. Priority will be given to funding proposals targeting young people aged between 12 and 25 years of age.
All applications must:
- be from a not-for-profit organisation
- include direct benefits to young people within the Northern Grampians Shire
- be able to demonstrate financial viability and competence
- not have already applied for funding within the current financial year
- be able to demonstrate a contribution to the project on a $ for $ basis in the form of funds, fundraising, services or in-kind support
- in-kind can be a max of 50% of the organisations matching contribution
- provide a current financial statement of the organisation
- be based in the Northern Grampians Shire
- not already receive substantial support from Council
Council will not fully fund projects; applicants are required to demonstrate their own contribution to the project through funds, fundraising, and sponsorship or in-kind support.
Council offers grants up to $1,500
Ongoing. Applicants must have contacted and discussed their project with the Community Development Officer at least 12 weeks before their project is due to commence.
Application forms will be provided once the applicant has contacted Council to discuss their project
Youth Grants Guidelines(PDF, 1MB)
Youth Grants application form