Community Grants Program
Team Leader Community Development
Phone: (03) 5358 8700
Purpose of Grant Program
To provide support to locally based group/organisations to develop opportunities to enrich the social fabric of the Northern Grampians Community. Preference will be given to projects that:
- Address community needs and provide opportunities to enhance the well-being and quality of life of Northern Grampians Shire residents.
- Reflect the Council Plan and Council Policies.
- Please view the 2017-2021 Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan on the council website under council publications and make reference to where your project or program supports strategies within the plan.
All applications must:
- be managed through a legal entity such as an incorporated association
- be from a not for profit organisation
- provide direct benefit to residents of the Northern Grampians Shire
- be able to demonstrate financial viability and competence
- be able to demonstrate a contribution to the project on a $ for $ basis. Your organisation must be able to match the grant amount either in cash and/or through in-kind labour and materials.
- show no more than 50% of the organisation's matching contribution as in-kind
- provide a current financial statement of the organisation
Council will not fully fund projects. Applicants are required to demonstrate their own contribution on a $ for $ basis to the project through funds, fundraising and or sponsorship or in-kind support. In-kind can be a maximum of 50% of the organisations matching contribution.
- Community Infrastructure: $5,000
- Community Development: $3,000
Only one application per organisation is allowed.
Grant funds allocated to the organisation are GST exclusive.
Ongoing. Applicants must have made contact and discussed their project with the Community Development Officer before their project is due to commence.
Guidelines and application
Apply here after reading these guidelines and after speaking to the appropriate council officer.
Community Grants Guidelines(PDF, 460KB)
Community Development Grant Application
Community Grants Acquittal