2017 Neoen Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards
Northern Grampians Shire Council, Ararat Rural City Council, Pyrenees Shire Council are pleased to invite you to take part in the Neoen Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards for 2017. These Awards are an avenue for businesses and organisations within our region to develop their business and provide an opportunity for like minded people to network, recognise business excellence and celebrate success.
All Councils encourage businesses and organisations whether small or large to take part in these Awards and join in the celebration of excellence.
Previous Grampians Pyrenees Business Award Winners
2015-16 Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards Winners(PDF, 78KB)
“The story of our success started in the 1980's by brothers Robert and Peter, through their hard work and effort we have become the region's leading supplier for upholstery and industrial sewing needs. Our business has grown since then and we now provide more services and have included industrial sewing, upholstering, welding and administration staff. We also specialise in canvas products, a wide range including outside awnings and inside blinds, ute tarps, boat tarps, canopies, caravan annexes, swags and shade sails.
In 2015 we had the privilege of winning the Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards in the “Industry and Enterprise” category. Our business highly believes in supporting other local businesses and source from them when possible.We decided to enter the awards because it was a good exposure within our community to not only us, but to the other businesses in their categories.”
Chief Executive Officer
Eventide Homes (Stawell) Inc.
“Eventide was honoured to be the recipient of the Grampians Pyrenees Business Achievement Award. The category of Community Enterprise 2015-2016 was an acknowledgement of a key focus facilitating aged care through our Respite Program. This award contributed to the success of our respite program and provided extended community awareness of our organisation and the services we provide.”
Rick and Vonne Heinrich
“The process of entering the business awards was great for us as we were able to assess how far we’ve come in 38 years in business. We highly recommend locals entering as the awards are a great recognition of the hard work small business owners put into the Grampians Pyrenees region.”
2017 Neoen Grampians Pyrenees Business Awards
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I enter in more than one category? - Yes. Businesses can enter as many categories as are relevant to their business. For example if you have been trading for eighteen months as a tourist accommodation business then you may wish to enter in each of the best new business and tourism categories.
2. If my business has been entered into the hall of fame can I enter this year? - Hall of Fame businesses can only enter after they have been in the hall of fame for at least two awards since last becoming a hall of fame winner. e.g. if the business entered the hall of fame in 2013 then the next awards that the business is eligible to apply will be in 2019.
3. When do entries close? - Entries close at 5.00 p.m. on September 1st 2017 (no late entries will be accepted).
4. Do I have to lodge my application on line? - No. While an on line entry is going to be the most efficient way to enter, your Local Council contact can help you with a hard copy entry form if required.
5. How will I know if I am a finalist? - All entrants will be contacted by the judges for site visits, which will be scheduled during September 2017.
6. What is the criteria for New Business? - Your business has commenced after July 2014 and has been operating for more than 12 months.
7. When and where is the awards dinner? - The Awards Dinner will be held Friday 27 October at the St Arnaud Town Hall with Jean Kittson providing entertainment during the night. Tickets will go on sale 11th September or you can lodge your expression of interest for tickets with Amber Ricks 03 5358 8700 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8. How can I get help to complete my application? - You can contact the economic development team at your local council for further support:-
Northern Grampians Shire Council - Amber Ricks 03 5358 8700 or email email@example.com
Pyrenees Shire Council - Ray Davies 03 5349 1100 or email Ray.Davies@pyrenees.vic.gov.au
Ararat Rural City - John Watson 035355 0250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Download this booklet if you would like to see the category questions before you start.
2017 Application Booklet.PDF(PDF, 6MB)
2017 People's Choice Awards
Voting opens 11th September to 20th October 2017
The People's Choice award is voted on by the public; every business or organisation that enters the awards is eligible to receive votes. So jump online and follow the simple voting process to ensure your favourite business or organisation is recognised.
Votes can be submitted by visiting www.grampianspyrenees.com